Business Communication MCQs with Answers download in pdf for 1st and 2nd semester MBA, BBA of Sybcom, Amity, JMI, Symbiosis, SMU and Other Universities. Business Communication Multiple Choice Questions and Answers quiz.
Are you trying to prepare for exams in Business Communication? If so, then you have come to the right place.
In this article, you can find a comprehensive list of Business Communication fill in the blanks with Answers that are downloadble in PDF format for 1st and 2nd semester MBA, BBA from universities such as Sybcom, Amity, JMI, Symbiosis, SMU and other universities.
What is Business Communication?
Business communication is an essential part of any successful business. It involves the exchange of ideas and information between all levels of a business, from executives to workers on the ground.
Business communication typically takes three forms: verbal, written, and non-verbal. Verbal communication includes face-to-face conversations or phone calls, while written communications can range from emails to letters to reports.
Non-verbal communication is usually understood through body languages such as facial expressions and gestures. All three types of business communication are used in order to convey messages accurately and effectively.
Effective business communication is important for businesses because it helps build relationships with customers, colleagues, and other stakeholders, achieve organizational goals, keep everyone informed about changes in policies or operations, resolve problems quickly and accurately, create a positive working environment, and improve productivity levels.
Importance of Business communication
- Business communication is always an important part of any successful business.
- It helps to build trust and strengthen relationships between employees, customers and partners.
- Good communication skills also help businesses to better understand customer needs and provide services that meet their expectations.
- This in turn can lead to increased customer satisfaction, higher profits and a stronger brand reputation.
- Effective communication is crucial for any business to operate smoothly and achieve its goals.
- It involves sharing information, ideas, and opinions among team members, managers, clients, customers and other stakeholders.
- Effective business communication helps in building strong relationships with clients and customers.
- Clear communication among team members can help in improving productivity by avoiding misunderstandings or mistakes due to miscommunication.
- Effective communication also enhances collaboration among team members by encouraging open dialogue which helps generate innovative solutions to problems.
Business Communication MCQ
1. Communication is sharing of information between two or more persons, with continuous ___
2. Communication can occur in isolation
3. Which of the following is not listed amongst the barrier to communication?
a. Physical noise
b. Physiological noise
c. Psychological noise
d. Physically challenged
4. What are the types of communication
a. Verbal communication
b. Nonverbal communication
c. Both a and b
5. Non-verbal communication cannot be avoided.
6. What is Jargon?
a. Name of the individual
b. Name of the organization
c. Technical term
d. Name of the country
7. What does “Haptic” refer to?
a. Communication through touch
b. Communication through words
c. Communication through letters
d. Communication through emails
8. Yellow and Green are associated with negative feelings
9. Which of the following is not part of the communication classification?
a. Two way face-to-face
b. Multiple but not face-to-face
c. Two-way non-face-to-face
d. One-way non-face-to-face
10. Communication between peers is essential for ___ coordination
11. Shareholders are very important internal stakeholders since they are the ___ of the company
d. Union Members
12. Communication with shareholders can be done through meetings, letters, and/or advertisements.
13. Which of the following is/are part of the flow of communication in an organization?
a. Upward communication
b. Downward communication
c. Horizontal communication
d. All of above
14. ___ communication may be defined as information that flows from subordinates to superiors
a. Downward communication
b. Upward communication
c. Horizontal communication
d. None of above
15. An advantage of regular downward communication is ___
a. It motivates employees
b. It gives promotion to employees
c. It creates a climate of transparency
d. It reduces gaps.
16. Hearing and listening are the same.
17. The ___ is often interpreted as a lack of understanding or attention.
18. Close questions may begin with
19. What are thy types of questions?
a. Open-ended questions
b. Close-ended questions
20. Which of the following is not a “WH” question?
21. A satisfied customer is the best ___ for any company’s product
22. Writing methodology comprises of how many stages?
23. Which of the following is not part of speech?
24. It is better to use the word „interrogate‟ rather than “ask”
25. Using the passive voice is a technique of ___
26. Readability is determined by
b. Length of word/sentence
c. Quality of page
d. Other factors
27. ___ will not replace face-to-face meetings completely.
c. Video conferencing
28. Telephone communication has the advantage of providing immediate feedback.
29. Where will you elaborate on the main points in a presentation?
30. ___ are clear sheets used with an overhead projector to project an image on the screen
b. Flip charts
31. Meaningful reading or reading with understanding is considered as ___
a. An active process
b. A positive strategy
c. A positive process
d. An active strategy
32. Reading is a skill, which has to be acquired through constant ___
33. What is identified as “looking over a textbook quickly, in order to get a general or superficial idea or the content”?
b. Extensive reading
d. Intensive reading
34. While reading for the first time, you must just focus on the main points or ideas and supporting details
35. Business letters are used primarily to communicate with ___
a. External stakeholders
b. Internal stakeholders
36. Which of the following letters inform the buyer or customer about the action that has been taken?
a. Claim letters
b. Adjustment letters
c. Goodwill letters
d. Persuasive letters
37. The ___ of the press release must elaborate on the information contained in the introductory paragraph.
38. Product advertisement is more a public relations activity than a form of advertising
39. Business reports must use ___ nouns
40. Which of the following is not the type of report?
a. Periodic reports
d. Situational reports
41. The general ___ of a resume is extremely important.
42. Cover letters can also be used to personalize your qualifications for a specific job.
43. ___ includes the background and purpose of the study
44. Identify the type of report that was submitted to the government stating that the company is following the environmental regulations.
a. Compliance reports
b. Routine management reports
c. Situational reports
d. Policies and procedures
45. ___ is done purely to communicate the organization‟s name and logo to the public or consumers
a. Institutional advertising
b. Advocacy advertising
c. Corporate identify advertising
d. Public relations advertising
46. Instant messaging is a technology initially designed for having ___ at the workplace
a. One too much public chat
b. One-to-one public chat
c. One to one personal chat
d. One to much personal chat
47. Which of the following is a type of memo format?
a. Inductive organization
b. Incremental organization
c. Deductive organization
d. Decremental organization
48. Information sharing meetings may take place among co-workers or may also involve top management.
49. The items to be discussed are listed in the ___ order of priority in the agenda.
50. ___ enables two parties in different locations to see and speak to each other?
c. Messenger chat
51. Communication is the ___ of business
a. Life Blood
FAQs related to Business Communication
Question: An advantage of regular downward communication is
Answer: Regular downward communication has several advantages, including:
- Clarity: Regular communication from higher management helps to clarify organizational goals, objectives, and expectations, which can help to align employees’ efforts with the overall strategy of the organization.
- Motivation: Regular communication from managers and supervisors can help to keep employees motivated by keeping them informed about the progress of the organization and recognizing their contributions.
- Feedback: Regular communication allows for feedback from employees to management, which can help to identify potential problems and opportunities for improvement.
- Engagement: Regular communication can help to engage employees by involving them in decision-making processes and giving them a sense of ownership in the organization’s success.
- Coordination: Regular communication can help to coordinate efforts across departments or teams, which can increase efficiency and effectiveness in achieving organizational goals.
Overall, regular downward communication can help to build trust, increase transparency, and promote a culture of open communication within an organization, leading to improved performance and employee satisfaction.
Business communication MCQs are a great way to test your knowledge of the field and become more confident in your abilities. It is important to go beyond memorizing facts and try and understand the concepts behind them.
Having a basic understanding of how business communication works will help you build strong relationships with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders. If you want to improve your business communication skills, practice these MCQs as much as possible.
Thanks for reading our business corporate managerial communication for management exam mcq questions and answers pdf, if you like the post on Business Communication one word questions in pdf with Answers, please share it on social media.